Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Superman brother!

I spent several hours at the hospital yesterday waiting during my brother's back surgery because his wife had to go back home to take care of the dogs.( They train retrievers) As she was on the way back to the hospital and I was on my way home, she called and said he was coming home! What! Yep.....came home after back surgery. He waited until I got to Mom's room and he called so she could hear his voice. Made her grin from ear to ear!!!


Yesterday seemed to be good for her. She would not lie down for her afternoon rest until I got back and gave her a report on her baby boy. When I walked in, she really lit up and was thrilled when I told her he was coming home. He is not able to go visit her yet, but I doubt that will last past tomorrow. He cannot stand to not see her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something other than her condition for her to focus on.....maybe that helped.
Super glad all went so well for your brother.
Does she have a television in her room and does she watch what is happening in the world...if that is what she did before the stroke?

Sandy said...

She has a tv, but the concept of the remote has been lost. She will not change channel. She has forgotten all that and so far, I have not been able to retrain her brain on that one.