Friday, February 13, 2009

Yes, my new meds work!

I took the Januvia samples my doc gave me for 3 weeks before I saw any difference at all. Apparently, it takes that long to manifest itself. It never said that in any of the research I did on it. The last few days I have really pushed it to the limits eating things that I knew had made my blood glucose soar to over 200. Now, I can't get it to go that high no matter how much or what I eat. That makes me happy because it is when BG goes high that damage is done to internal organs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what dose are you taking, do you take any other meds for diabetes

Sandy said...

I have been taking the max dosage (2000 per day)of Metformin ER, but it was not doing the job any longer. Doc added 100MG of Januvia and it seems to be helping pretty well. I want to avoid insulin as long as I can. Diagnosed in 2002 the day before I retired!!!