Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gus is coming!










We have been warned to batten down the hatches even this far north. Predictions are 10 to 20 inches of rain and tropical storm winds. We'll probably lose power. Rita came up the Sabine River between Texas and Louisiana and caused power to go out here and trees to topple. My poor brother was out cutting trees off the roads. I went to a book store today and bought some new reading material in case the power goes out. The whole right side of my body is beginning to be really sore from my fall, so I won't be doing anything requiring much physicality.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

Maybe all you will get is rain and a little wind..looks like it might be weakening some. Hope you got yourself a couple of good oil fired hurricane lamps and have plenty of ice in the freezer