Thursday, October 04, 2007

Destination #2


I arrived at my cousin's home on Saturday. She has a beautiful, huge home on the Rappahannock River near Fredricksburg, VA. All her family came on Sunday. We all went to church together, then spent the afternoon on the deck at the river or on the boat. She had a lovely dinner for all Sunday night. Monday we just chilled. Tuesday we went to Richmond and had lunch with an acquaintance that I have not seen since high school. Then we drove up to Alexandria to my cousin's other home. Wednesday, we visited Hillwood, which was Marjorie Meriweather Post's home. Had lunch on the grounds at their cafe'. Last night we had wine at her son's home in Alexandria before all going out to dinner. It's been a whirlwind. I am now checked in the Hilton ready to get going on the wedding festivites. I think a rest is in order first.

No comments: