Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

Edited to add: I burned the cabbage and have since had to take a pain pill!!

I feel so much better today and have very little pain. I don't want to get overly optimistic because it sets me up for disappointment when the pain returns. I am even cooking lunch today. I met a man at church Sunday who lives down the road from me and I commented on his beautiful garden. Today he brought me a bucket full of squash, so I am cooking squash, cabbage, new potatoes and cornbread. There goes the five pounds I lost since my mouth has been hurting!!!

Construction has begun on the street behind my house. I saw the surveyors out yesterday and at 7 this morning, I heard the big earth moving machines. It will be interesting to watch. I have two friends who will be building behind me, so I am anxious, along with them, to get started on their homes.

No comments: