Thursday, June 21, 2012

WTH!

Both our night time caregivers are in the hospital now! The second one went Wednesday when she was having all kinds of strange things happening to her. Turns out her blood sugar was 805! OMG! She had no idea that she was a diabetic. She will be back to work next week. In the meantime, our daytime caregiver has found someone to fill in for the other night caregiver, so, if our one that had surgery Friday is ever able to come back, we will have another one that is already trained to fill in when necessary. She cares for a man every day M-F and is coming to Mom's at 10:30. Tough duty, but we told her she can take naps in between checking on Mom. We have two caregivers that have other jobs. Don't know how they do it, but they are much younger than me.

On the bright side, my brother got a new trap and finally caught two coons that were eating our corn! That's a total of 3! Since then, there have been none in the corn! He gave those to someone who wanted them to cook! EWWWW! I'm not eating coon!


5 comments:

Linda said...

How is your garden doing? I planted a small area with squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, watermelon and cantalopes. I think most of my tomatoes are going to die out or as soon as they start turning orange they get hugh black blemish on the bottom, lookes like a dried out rotten spot. It isn't because they are touching the ground it has happened to all except one I found yesterday. I have 3 plants of cherry tomatoes and they are doing fine. The plants are loaded so I am going to start pulling them green and ripen in the house. Have had alot of squash, seeing 6 or 8 watermelons but no cantalopes yet. I have missed your post on your garden. Glad you took care of the raccoon, wouldn't catch me eating it either!!!

Sandy said...

Garden is about finished. Tomatoes are winding down, but okra is looking good. Why are they never ready at the same time? I like okra & tomatoes. We had NO squash due to lack of pollination and squash bugs. Corn was really good, but only put about one ear per stalk.

Brenfay said...

Sandy, my prayers and sympathies go to you as you deal with your own life and the never-ending saga of caregivers for your mother. We have gone down that path with my dad and my husband's parents, as well. How well do I understand the money worries and the questioning you continually do about decisions you make. May God bless you, your brother, and your mother.

Brenfay said...

Sandy, my prayers and sympathies go to you as you deal with your own life and the never-ending saga of caregivers for your mother. We have gone down that path with my dad and my husband's parents, as well. How well do I understand the money worries and the questioning you continually do about decisions you make. May God bless you, your brother, and your mother.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Brenfay! Prayers are always welcomed!