Thursday, September 17, 2009

One more day!

Every day I dread going to see my dad and every day when I leave, I remember why. I start to cry as soon as I leave because he is just so pitiful. Last night he fell twice trying to go to the bathroom. Both times my mom had to call my brother to come get him up. We decided that tonight he will not take any darvocet. It makes him crazy and not be able to walk. Mom sat in a recliner the rest of the night in Dad's room because she did not want to have to wake my brother up yet again to go get him up. I took him some apple dumplings that I made and he ate one and told me it was good. Nothing is ever good to him anymore. He is wearing my mother out as well. She went to bed at 8 this morning and slept till 11:30. When I got there at 3, she was asleep again. This is killing her. It's killing all of us. I pray every day that God will take him.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Sandy,
My heart is breaking for you and your family. God bless you all. I wish I could help.

Anna said...

My prayers to you and your family and like Linda said, I wish there was some way to help
{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Sending more love, ((HUGS)) and prayers your way, Ms. B. I am so sorry.

Love,

Gina

Sandy said...

Thanks Anna, Linda, and Gina. I'm acting like I am the only one to ever go through this and then I realize that not many people my age still have both their parents. I am blessed beyond belief! I'm just a wuss!

Moobear said...

Sandy I am praying for your entire family and may God give your family the strength needed at this time. I admire your close knit family and the love you all share. I wish I could do something, but my thoughts and prayers are certainly with you.

Claudia

Sandy said...

Wow! Claudia, I have wondered many times what happened to you. I stopped reading your blog when you stopped posting. It's good to know you are still around. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are most certainly NOT a wuss, Ms. B!!!! It doesn't matter HOW old someone is, losing a parent is never easy. Yes, millions of other people have gone through this, but YOU haven't, so please don't be so hard on yourself.

Much love,

Gina

Sandy said...

Thanks, Gina.