Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's over!


Another Christmas is over. Frankly, I didn't expect my father to be alive at this one. Once again we were at Mom's for lunch with all the same people from last night. I would be glad to do it at my home, but I just don't have room. We are all stuffed and happy and glad it's over. Since my sister-in-law is having surgery tomorrow, I will be focused on her and my brother. She is the only one who knows how to make gluten free meals for him, but I have a pork loin marinating now to cook for him tomorrow. I know he can eat meat and he loves meat. I'll be at the hospital with him tomorrow until we know what they found.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is your sister-in-law???? Love & Miss You, Denise

Sandy said...

She's recovering, but still has a tube through her nose into her stomach. She is not happy about that. They found a pocket of infection involving an ovary, a tube and appendix, so all were removed. They had to cut her open instead of using the scope to do all they had to do. They had to move everything around and wash all the infection out. We hope the tube and the catheter both come out tomorrow. She has already stopped all pain meds. Love you..hope you are healing nicely as well.