Sunday, November 02, 2008

I'm tired...

Not physically...just mentally and emotionally. I feel so bad that I am tired of hearing my dad talk about how he doesn't feel good, how he can't sleep, how he can't see, how he can't hear and that he never, ever has a good day or night! It's the same thing over and over again and I am trying so hard to be understanding and sympathetic, but I'm tired! Some days I just don't want to hear it yet again! Tomorrow I take him back to the oncologist and after that I need to give myself a little break. My poor mother has patience that I wish I had. Of course, she has lived with him for 68 years! I have no idea how...but she did! I feel bad for even having thoughts like this, but I can't help it.....I need some good news .....a day of only positive things.....a break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Ms. Beatty. I pray for you when I pray for your daddy, too. I also remember having some of those feelings a very long time ago, too.

Love You,
Denise

Sandy said...

Thank you, Sweetie! I appreciate it. Some days just suck, but it's an accumulation of things that make them suck...and most of the time it doesn't get me down. I love you, too.

Doozie said...

Well, you're just human. Do you have a nice big roll of duct tape handy?

Sandy said...

I am just human, but usually I am just laid back and calm. It's just getting harder to do. I just bite my tongue because he's my daddy and I love him. Sometimes I don't like him though!!!!