Thursday, October 23, 2008

Very random day..

Sometimes I lose my mind and do something totally off the wall random. It's not
a new phenomenon...but one I have always embraced. My mom called this morning and said the bank wanted her, Dad, me and my brother to come show some ID for a new system they were putting in. Both my brother and I are authorized to sign checks on my parents'  checking account. I do it all the time because I buy groceries for them a lot. My brother just doesn't do it. Anyway, I went to get Mom and Dad and took them to the bank and got that chore done. OK....my daughterly duties done, I went to lunch with the ladies at a place we had not been before. As I left there, I realized I was on the road that I used to take to college since there was not yet an interstate there. I took the road less traveled today and ended up back in my old college town by way of the country road that I took many times while I was a student there. The college has nothing much left there that was there when I was. It's mostly all new. I want to go back on a Saturday or Sunday when I can park and get out and look around at the core campus. I've been told the "Lady of the Mist" is still in the center of the campus. She's a statue in a fountain. Hey, I found a picture of her.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

I have not been back to Oklahoma State since I graduated..but know doubt it has changed. I know there is a new high dollar stadium compliments of T Boone Pickens as well as a new science and engineering building. But I also figure that those old Ivy covered halls of learning are still there...with the hard seats in the classrooms and the large auditoriums for the lectures..with those nice comfortable seats that were so conducive for sleeping during those lectures