Sunday, September 14, 2008

We survived IKE


Although there was some serious wind, I only had 1/2 inch of rain. A huge dead pine tree fell in my Mom and Dad's back yard narrowly missing the house. It was actually leaning away from the house, so they weren't so worried about it falling on the house. The wind thought otherwise and put it down in the best possible place across the back yard. It will require chain saws, chain and tractors, which my brother is probably doing right now. I told him that, unlike him, I do take a day of rest. I will help tomorrow after we get back from chemo, but not today. He's stubborn. He and his wife will probably have it all done before I get there.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

Good to hear you are safe and no damage! And thanks for the update on Chevy Rose!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your safe and sound.
I have an Aunt & Uncle in Galveston right on the water and a brother with family in Pearland, TX.
We haven't heard directly from them as of yet, but through other family members we're told they are ok ... as for property damage, we're told it's not good.