Friday, August 01, 2008

It's too HOT!

Sweat
It's been over a 100 degrees most of this week, so I have been pretty much useless in the yard. Today I went out to spray the crape myrtles because they have that sooty mildew crap. As I was spraying I saw a birdnest in the tree, but I thought it was empty. The parent bird came and sat in the tree....that's when I realized there were babies in the nest so I quit spraying.

Then I went to Mom's and picked some pears off her tree for her because she told me she wanted a few to make some pear preserves. I did a little power washing on her house, but that didn't last long. It's just too freakin' hot. My grass needs to be mowed, but I just can't get motivated to do it in this heat. It's pretty deep because I have watered it a lot trying to get the bermuda grass to choke out everything else. The guy that sprayed my bahai grass said it would do that if I let it grow a few inches tall before mowing. Well, that's been a cinch!!!

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I was out for a bit..but couldn't take it for long..misting rain and about 90F makes for sauna conditions and this ole fat man just can't breath in it anymore.

Sandy said...

Misting rain? What's that? No rain in forever here!!!