Monday, August 04, 2008

I lost my mind today!







I made the assinine and stupid decision to do some yard work today. After 1 hour and 45 minutes, I was completely done....not with the yard work, but just DONE! Used up! Cooked! Melted Down! Just DONE! I knew better, but I just felt the need to tidy up a bit outside. I did the edging in the front yard and side yard and mowed a tiny little bit before I had to quit. Also, got everything blown off the driveway and sidewalk. It's another 100 degree day....5 in a row! We hope that we get a some residual rain from the hurricane off our Gulf Coast even though the forecasts show it going to central Texas. We hope it will pull some moisture up to us as well. We are in desperate need of rain. Most of the area is under a "burn ban" now.


1 comment:

GUYK said...

Most of the time when it is hot I do what has to be done in the early morning hours...some days I get lucky and there is a sea breeze that comes in to keep it cool in the shade..but it is hot otherwise..the kinda heat that makes me ill..can't breathe in it