Thursday, August 28, 2008

I better not get the shingles!


At least 4 months ago I got a prescription for the shingles vaccine. Finally, today it came in and because it had to stay frozen until mixed with something else, I had to go to the doc's office and let someone there inject it. Damn thing cost me $216 for one teeny, little shot that I didn't even feel. Damn thing better work! Money

My money is leaving me at a rapid rate. The hospital called and said my entire bill had to be paid by Oct. 27th (90 days from billing) or it would go to collections! WTF! I know that not everyone can just fork over $1,000 upon receiving the bill. I was going to pay it off a few hundred at the time, but I guess not. Out with the MasterCard! Damn I hated to do that since I had zero balance on my card! Credit Card I still owed them that much after already paying $700 and having 2....count them....2 insurance coverages. Aetna and Medicare, Part B!

2 comments:

GUYK said...

DAMN! That much even after your supplement paid off? I think I would be looking for another supplement..

Sweetthing and I are covered by MEDICARE and our supplement is the military insurance for retirees..TRICARE FOR LIFE which pays what MEDICARE doesn't pay...NOT!

I see the bills..TRICARE pays some but not all. But if the quack accepts TRICARE he ain't got any choice but to accept what TRICARE pays..and cannot bill us for the difference. Now that is the kind of deal the other supplements need to have with the quacks..

Sandy said...

Guy, I guess I am pretty much locked in with Aetna. It is through the Texas Teacher Retirement System and a few months ago when I turned 65, it became my supplemental after Medicare Part B. I'm not eligible for regular full-fledged Medicare because I never paid into the Social Security System. Oh well, I'll get over it!