Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's Spring!

Sunny
According to my work schedule today, spring is officially here. Mom cooked collard greens, hot water cornbread, sweet potatoes and white perch for lunch. Of course, I wasn't going to miss that. After lunch and a brief rest, I tackled mowing the thick winter grass in my yard. It is so hard to mow, but it was very high and thick. As soon as I finished mowing, two of my friends dropped by to visit while I was sitting outside enjoying a rest and some sunshine. I planted some more plugs of zoysia grass in some places that grass won't grow. Also, planted some hostas that a friend shared with me. She is building a house right behind me and is digging up hostas from her old house. This has been my kind of day!

1 comment:

Jamie Dawn said...

I've never heard of hot water cornbread. I love cornbread, so I'm sure I'd like it.
Give me a pot of beans and some cornbread, and I'm happy, happy, happy!!
We have some gardens nearby where I go and walk. There are thousands of daffodils right now, and it is beautiful. The tulips will be blooming next. I can hardly wait!