Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lucky day for me...


At a Krewe meeting tonight, we all put our initials on a dollar bill, wadded it up and threw it in a basket. At the end of the meeting, a dollar is drawn and the winner gets half the pot and the other half is given to the homeless shelter, our charity. I won! I don't even know how much was in the pot. I donated all of it to the shelter, but I immediately went and bought Powerball tickets. They gave me one of the dollars back to buy a ticket for the Krewe....300 million! We would have one kick ass float!!!


I was busy all day and missed my nap. This is a good thing. It helps me sleep better at night. Lunch with the ladies ran right into meeting my folks at the hearing aide place and going to help them get groceries at Wal Mart. In between those activities, I am just trying to keep my grass alive.


Tomorrow I have to go take my parents to a graveside service for my aunt's sister. My aunt just died a couple of months ago and now her only sister is dead. Her body and family is coming from New Jersey. Since I moved here, I have been to 4 funerals and even more funeral homes. I started thinking about those who are left that are related to me. Still quite a few! Yes, it's not a fun thought.

No comments: