Monday, June 18, 2007

Fun Day


My mom is a member of a Homemakers' Club. Today they had their annual fund raiser and salad luncheon. My mom cooks a black walnut pound cake every year for the silent auction and EVERYONE wants that cake. I bought only 5 chances ($5) and put them all on her cake and I WON it. One lady there was giving me a hard time and told me I couldn't win my mom's cake. She was kidding, of course, but she really wanted that cake. I offered to cut it and give her some of it, but she wouldn't let me. I cut it and left some of it at Mom and Dad's and then took some of it to my aunt at the assisted living home. My original plans for the day were to go pick peas and beans, but I ditched it all and went with Mom. It was the best decision. I should go as many places as I can with her because I know they are numbered.

No comments: