Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blood Sugar Issues....what in the world!!!


The last week I have been having higher than normal BG readings. Several mornings it was in the 140's and went to 160 after a cup of coffee with no carbs in it. I load my coffee up but it is all with sugar free stuff. Since I have been very aware of this issue lately, I have tried to be very careful. Today I went to lunch with the ladies and ALL I had to eat was some guacomole and chips and when I got home my BG was 221. There are zero carbs in guac, so that came strictly from the chips....and not that many of them!!That is just highly unusual. I have been on the same dosage of the same med since diagnosis 4 years ago and I do know this is a progressive disease, so I'm thinking it must be time to up the dosage, but I don't see my doc until after Christmas. I used to be able to eat anything at night and not have a BG reaction, but tonight I put it to the test. I ate 2 1/2 pieces of pizza and after one hour, it was 196. Right now, 2 1/2 hours later, it is still at 185. Something is just not right here. I even tried a new canister of test strips. I have been stuck way too much with that lancet!!!

2 comments:

Moobear said...

Hi Sandy!
I am sorry about your sugar running up. Please take special care of yourself during these holidays; notorious for a variety of things to nibble on. Hope it levels out for you. I will be thinking about you. Take care my friend!


Claudia

Sandy said...

Thank you. Yes, this is the WRONG time of the year to have to be so careful with food!!