Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back from Texas


I had a very successful trip back to Orange and Beaumont. As things worked out, I ended up getting a hotel room in Beaumont. I forgot that my friend where I was supposed to stay had a cat and I am highly allergic to cats. The dander specifically affects my eyes the most and since the purpose of my trip was to have a procedure done on my eye, I could not take that chance. There are lots of other places I could have stayed, but I would have had to call them and ask to stay with short notice. I refuse to do that. I also managed to see a lot of my old friends who happened to be at the Country Club where we went for lunch. They were really surprised to see me because no one knew I was coming. It happened too fast for me to contact people I wanted to see.

I also managed to squeeze in a trip to my hairdresser and my tire man. Got a new set of tires which should last several years since I am not driving nearly as much as I used to. It was a good trip, but I am glad to be home taking care of my yard and plants. I had a CK procedure on one eye, so I can't get out in the heat and get busy mowing for a few days, but at least I can keep things watered so they don't die!!

No comments: