Saturday, November 12, 2005

I'm back!

Wow! What a ride these last two months have been! While I was in Louisiana trying to help Mom recover from triple by-pass, Hurricane Rita hit my hometown with a dead- on direct hit. I live across the street from the golf course and it lost 450 trees. The mess is still being removed on a daily basis. Fortunately, nothing was touched at my home. The windchimes are still on the patio and not a shingle is missing. Since I didn't have a chance to remove any valuables, I fully expected to come home to nothing. I had seen the pictures posted on the internet of my street and I just knew there was no chance for my home. I just could not worry about the THINGS that I might lose to Hurricane Rita because I was too worried that I might lose my mom. I think God knew that I didn't care about THINGS at the moment and nothing mattered to me but my mom getting well. Fortunately, my mom is much better and I have a home. I learned that THINGS don't matter.....people do! God Bless Texas!

No comments: